Explore your options today!
Consultation includes a free 3D CAT scan
Immediately after the power bleaching procedure you may notice two things. Your teeth may be sensitive and you may have white areas on your gums or sometimes the lips.
Sensitivity: This will pass within the first day. Be careful to avoid extremes with hot and cold liquids. They will make your teeth uncomfortable. Most of our patients will take Tylenol or Advil on the first day if they experience too much sensitivity.
White Spots: The chemical that is used to “bleach” out the teeth is a very powerful agent. Any time it touches any soft tissue it may cause a temporary chemical bleaching of the tissue. This area may feel rough for a day. It is rare to have any discomfort. The white color of the tissues usually lasts no longer than two days.
Bleaching Trays: After you have the Power Bleaching done you will leave the office with bleaching trays and material. Please refer to the “Bleaching Instructions for method one” for instructions on how to use this material. You may want to start using your trays after your teeth loose all sensitivity from the Power Bleaching. Use them just like the instructions say. About 1-1.5 hours a day.
Keep Your Teeth White: The best way to keep your teeth white is to avoid foods and drinks that have a heavy color to them for the two weeks following your power bleaching. Some of the common ones are Red Wine, Dark Carbonated Drinks, Coffee, and Tea. This also applies anytime that you use your bleaching trays. Avoid things for the two weeks following using your trays.